We believe Community Centres play a vital role in supporting local people who may need essential support at some point in their lives. That’s why we offer a range of services at Highgate Newtown Community Centre.
We exist to cater for many needs with a range of services: For the lonely and homeless we provide company as well as food with a hot low-cost meal. For the person who may be struggling with depression and mental illness they may just want a free cup of tea and coffee and a chat to help them get through the day. For the mum or dad with children not living in the same home we provide comfort from coming together at one of our free sessions. For the young person who has fallen into crime and has been sent to us, we support them to complete their community service. For homeless families living in hostels or people on the street who want warm clean clothes and support with form filling or contacting lost friends and family we are there.
Community springs from the services we provide and our welcome to all. Community is the mutual support from everyone who comes to the center, the care we offer from our team including our lovely team of volunteers, who pick up the old and frail and give up their own time for free. We are all community.
Affordable, and free where possible:
- Healthy food parcels and recipes card for families struggling at times in their lives
- Low cost community lunch – a hot cooked meal that all can enjoy
- Training for young people, helping them get into work and free from crime
- Free Christmas lunch for 150 people catering for the lonely and homeless
- Free children Christmas party for 70 under 5s
- Welcome area free tea and coffee for those struggling with mental health or depression
- Kids holiday clubs
- Pick up services for the elderly and housebound
- Grants for local people in need of household items
- AA sessions
Non-discrimination is a core principle which emphasises that opportunities in education, employment, personal advancement, benefits and resource distribution, should be freely available to all citizens irrespective of their age, race, sex, religion, political association, ethnic origin, or any other characteristic.
- Community Lunch Clubs – Low cost meals for all
- Help with accessing Benefits, Housing, obtaining personal documentation such as birth certificates
- Home visits for the elderly where housebound
- Food collection points at community lunch venues
We are pleased to be working with many local churches and the Lady Gould charity trust. We are also grateful to local people who shop for food each week to make up our food parcels and all who donate.
Please support us
If you would like to support us in any of our work, We welcome your help from volunteering to donating. Please contact Andrew firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sponsor our Cooks salary so we can keep the community lunch running in a number of venues and keep the cost low so everyone can enjoy
- Sponsor the mentoring of young people
- Help cover the cost of the Christmas lunch and children’s party
- Become a welcome volunteer at the centre
- Administration skills needed to support our projects
- Volunteer at our homeless drop in
These are just some of the areas we need your support. Thank you for any help you can give.
For an information pack and further information email: email@example.com