Community Arts ‘Creative People’ Programme
HNCC has developed a range of opportunities for local people to discover and explore their creative selves through a broad range of art and craft based activities.
With our investment in a properly equipped Art Room and led by our Artist in Residence our ‘Creative People’ Community Arts Programme is a full reflection of our central position in the community – providing opportunities for local people to discover their individual potential, develop their interests and be really involved in the expression of their own creativity and the identity of HNCC through the art produced at the Centre.
Our Community Arts Pogramme reflects HNCC’s overall purpose and commitment. And whether you are a local Mum, Dad, Granny or Grandad, someone living on their own, a young person starting out on their own, or a child just discovering the excitement and pleasure of expressing their creative selves, HNCC provides creative opportunities across the range of visual and performing arts and crafts to empower and inspire you.
(inc. novels, current affairs, poetry).
HNCC Community Arts Creative People Programme provides:
- Access – From child to elder to provide the opportunity for the HNCC community to explore and discover what they can do; maybe for the first time or maybe re-discovering interests and talents from before.
- Affordability – We provide all the materials you may need and offer concessions to those otherwise unable to take part.
- Learning – We provide professionally trained teachers and coaches to encourage and help participants to develop real depth of interest.
- Going Forward – We provide stepping stones for participants to take their interest further; whether in their particular field of art, or to build the confidence and life skills that will support them generally.
- Sharing – To find a real sense of pleasure and enjoyment; joining in and really being part of the wider HNCC community. Whether simply showing in our regular exhibitions and having the pleasure of seeing your work on show and being able to say ‘I did that’ . Or by joining in with the support team as a volunteer and further developing your interests; you are bigger in the HNCC community.
We all constantly encounter people who have felt discouraged or denied from pursuing their interests. Since they have not had the encouragement or opportunity to have a go, their presumption is that they can’t, rather than they can. We make the difference. HNCC’s Community Art is for you. So come and discover your creative self.
We provide a range of art classes each week for all ages, and for all levels of experience and ability. Whether a complete beginner or returning to an interest in drawing and painting these classes are for you.
If you have never done drawing and painting before, or not for a very long time, come and discover what you can do. We really will get you drawing in an hour. And if you have done it before and remember the fun and pleasure it was – well it still is. We will help you rediscover all that you can do.
All our art programmes will continue in conjunction with our local partners through the redevelopment of the centre at:
- Hargrave Hall
- St Anne’s Church
And with a range of short term projects and programmes with our other community partners.
Adults Drop-In Classes
Angus Anderson – Artist in Residence – Highgate Newtown Community Centre